Sunday 21 April 2019

PERHENTIAN AND REDANG ISLANDS

SNORKELLING AT PERHENTIAN & REDANG ISLANDS

My interest in East Coast Islands in Malaysia started when I first visited Perhentian Island, in June 1997.

This trip was initiated by a friend, who was a part time tour guide named Ah Kok – who is willing to take anyone who was interested for island adventure in East Coast. 

PERHENTIAN ISLAND
 
Going to East Coast – traveling must always start at midnight whereby Ah Kok would take the Gerik Highway - East Coast route.

It was 4D3N package – where our motive here, is nothing but to indulge in 'sea games' such as basking on the beaches, snorkeling and swimming.

Subsequently, I followed him again in April 1998, to the popular snorkeling island called Redang Island.

REDANG ISLAND

During this 4D3N sea adventure – it is 100% snorkeling activities – where Mr Kok himself had taught his followers the technique of using snorkeling apparatus.

We were driven by a boat to the middle of the sea – just to see corals, fishes and everything underwater for the first and second day.

However, on the third day – we visit a 'must see' snorkeling place named Marine Park – I am amazed th the park's underwater attractions including fishes, corals, seaweeds and all sort of underwater creatures living, here.
 
SNORKELING & FISHING EXPEDITION

Apart from snorkeling, I really like the island's pristine beaches where I can walk on the white sandy beaches. The resort, located in the island is normally designed in village-like appearance, to suit the island.

Finally, after visiting these two islands in 1997 and 1998 – I can conclude it is a once a lifetime holiday that I must recommend to anyone be it locals or foreigners. I do not only experienced sea activities but the most important I get to know  snorkeling. I am lucky to have a patient teacher in Mr Kok who encouraged us to go all out and learn snorkeling, at least for once in my life.

1997/1998



No comments:

Post a Comment