Sunday 14 April 2019

HATYAI'S HOT & SPICY

HATYAI'S HOT & SPICY

I like Hatyai all because of its 'hot and spicy' variety of food offered in this Southern Thailand town.

This is my second time writing about food in Thailand.

To many of my friends, I am a sort of introducer of food 'where and what' to eat in Thailand.

I told them “Pedas, Memang Pedas” (Hot really Hot), you must be able to consume spicy food before asking me where to eat.

NAIWAN RESTAURANT

All the restaurants I recommended are popular Hot & Spicy food cooked in Thai style.

Firstly, go for Pee Lek ('59' pronounced in Hokkien), an old place – popular for seafood and local dishes - such as sweet sour fish, tom yam soup, fried vegetables, sweet sour crab, fried clam, sea weed & fish ball soup, steamed fish Teo Chew style.

Next, you can try a local traditional Thailand restaurant called Kaneng Restaurant which serves 'everything Thai' – fried sambal petai prawns, black sauce piglet thigh, sea weed soup, mango pickle and steam fish Thai style.


HOT AND SPICY

Why not travel to Songkla for lunch? My choice is Naiwan Restaurant. My personal view – this restaurant served food that is 'too hot and spicy' compared to the restaurants in Hatyai. Try it's - fried sambal petai prawns, fried fish, steam crab, fried vegetables and Tom Yam soup.

A must eat dish is the chicken rice – you can find this dish any where around town centre, in Hatyai.

MY FAVORITE SAMBAL PETAI PRAWNS

If you are not a fan of 'hot & spicy', why not select any of the cafe available in Hatyai namely Black Canyon, Starbucks, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Mac Donald.

It will be a waste if you are coming to Thailand for western food, as the best is still Thai delicacies.




No comments:

Post a Comment