Saturday 3 April 2021

AN IPOH GAL @ IMPIANA HOTEL

 

IPOH: For the first time, I stepped into Impiana Hotel Ipoh for a night stay just for the sake of experience.

Upon reaching the main entrance I was greeted by a smiling face gentleman, the security guard, who reminded me to practice the standard operating procedure (SOP) by getting my temperature check and signing-in using MYSejatera Apps.

 

IMPIANA HOTEL IPOH

 

He also ushered me to the receptionist counter for further arrangement of the room.

I was allocated to check in room 808 located at the 8th floor – all ‘8” seems to be a good luck number for me.

 

WRITER'S FIRST TIME AT IMPIANA HOTEL IPOH

 

The twin-deluxe room greeted me with a huge twin bed coupled with stretches of heavy curtain to keep the room dark and cosy. 

 

COSY DELUXE TWIN BEDROOM

 

The room is well equipped with television, mini bar/refrigerator, hairdryer and wardrobe cupboard. The bathroom itself has a long bath-tube and complete with toiletries. 

However, there are some floors of the hotel which offered standing shower for the choice of the guests.

 

SPACIOUS LOBBY

 

The room itself is just perfect for a travel journalist like me – who aims for a quiet private room which is an asset to ignite my inspiration and imaginations.

One may ask - Why should a Ipohian like me would opt to stay in a hotel in Ipoh itself?

 

BUSINESS CENTRE & CLUB LOUNGE

 

Yes, for once I want to get away from my own house and experienced what our local hotel has to offer, and whether local hotels fare better than overseas hotel or vice versa.

Most of my life, as a travel writer for newspaper and my own travel blog, I have plenty of opportunity to stay in foreign hotels but never have I stay in my hometown’s hotel. 

 

FITNESS CENTRE

 

As such, I told myself that I must stay for once in a local hotel – to feel for myself what is the ‘difference’ if there is any.

Even it is only a one day experience for me, but, at least I can say Ipoh hotel is as good as those I stayed overseas – I am proud to say it has the same standard or even better than some of the foreign hotels.

 

BUFFET DINNER AT THE COFFEE HOUSE

 

No doubt it is a twin bed yet it is big enough to accommodate two persons, and sleeping comes easy with such comfortable bed.

Once check-in, I waste no time – get change into informal attires to detour around the hotel and check out what are the facilities offered, here.

 

A SPREAD OF BUFFET DISHES

 

I dropped by the fitness centre to try out the gym equipment before proceeding for a swim located next to the coffee house.

As for dinner, I do not have to rush for dinner in town, the hotel’s coffee house does serve a spread of buffet. 

 

WRITER POSING WITH HOTEL'S PR NORMAH

 

For those who wish to have tea-time, can do so at its Deli Cafe which serves coffee, tea, cakes and biscuits.

Not to be missed, is the morning buffet breakfast which comes complimentary with a 2D1N stay at the hotel.

Looks like, I can get all my meals at the hotel without having the hazzle to source for food in town.

 

COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST BUFFET DISHES

 

Alternatively, if I wish to try local food, the hawkers are located within walking distance – one can eat the Lou Wong Chicken Kuay Teow Soup, Tong Sui Kai (Desserts Road) and Konda Kondi Cafe.

In short, the hotel is conveniently located in the city centre where one can easily accessible to food, shopping and leisure activities, here.

Before I say goodbye to Impiana, I am sure I shall returned again for another round of experience….perhaps 2022!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment