Wednesday 8 April 2020

KUALA LUMPUR


Surprisingly! I have lived in Kuala Lumpur for almost five years while pursuing my LLB law degree and subsequently Certificate of Practice, yet, I rarely go for a detour in the city.

I believed my presence in the city is mainly for educational purposes, and I never really took the time to visit the 'many' tourist destinations, here.

Not until, I graduated and returned home to Ipoh – that I do make occasional visit with friends to Kuala Lumpur, for a detour of the city.


PLANETARIUM NEGARA


 The places I have visited in the Selangor areas are namely - Batu Caves, Petronas Twin Towers, Pulau Ketam, Muzium Negara, Planetarium Negara, Petaling Street, Mid Valley Shopping Mall, Sg Wang Shopping Mall, Sunway Lagoon Theme Park, Zoo, Port Dickson, Port Klang and the Central Market.


BATU CAVES


Batu Cave is a 400 million-year old limestone hill that has a series of caves and cave temples, located in Gombak, Selangor. The cave is one of the most popular Hindu shrines, dedicated to Lord Murugan. There are the Temple Cave (Cathedral Cave), Dark Cave, Cave Villa and Ramayana Cave. I am attracted to its overall awesome external beauty which serves as the best spot for a photography session.


PULAU KETAM


Pulau Ketam (Crab Island) is a Chinese fishing village, a mangrove vegetation and a tourist destination. The island showcased “floating houses” perched on wooden stilts 1 – 10 m above sea level. My first and only visit to Pulau Ketam was in 1999. I really enjoy walking on the uncountable wooden plank floor built on the island, while passing by decorative miniature-like houses of the residents, here. 


PETRONAS TWIN TOWER SKYBRIDGE


Petronas Twin Tower – are the twin skyscrapers in Kuala Lumpur is dubbed as the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 – 2004. The Petronas Towers remain the tallest twin towers in the world until today. It has a structural system in a form of a tube in tube design, and a Tower Skybridge. Similarly, I have only visited the Tower once, in October 4, 2007.




No comments:

Post a Comment